Thursday, March 24, 2016

Books that Sing Storytime

Since I had such a good time doing books that sing with my baby storytime I decided to try it with my all ages storytime.  It was a great hit and so much fun!!

Books

Pete the Cat and His Four Groovy Buttons
by Eric Litwin 

Brown Bear, Brown Bear What Do You See?
by Bill Martin Jr.; illustrated by Eric Carle
Just like in Baby Storytime we sang this book to the tune of "Baa, Baa Black Sheep".  We went nice and slow and the children were able to sing right along!

Songs/Rhymes

Today we used the Song Cube to choose our songs!  It's a 14x14x14 cardboard box (from Wal-mart) covered in white paper with a song title on each side (if I ever remember to take a picture!).  We rolled the dice three times throughout storytime and sang:

Old MacDonald Had a Farm

5 Little Monkeys Jumping on the Bed

The Wheels on the Bus

Play and Learn

Brown Bear Activities from 1+1+1=1

  • Heads and Tails
  • Clothes Pin Numbers
Button Activities
  • Give Pete the Cat four groovy (sticker) buttons and then color 
  • String buttons on a pipe cleaner
  • Practice using buttons with a Felt Button Chain I made

There were supplies left over from our Busy Bag workshop for the Brown Bear Clothes Pin Number activity so I had all the supplies for the moms to make one to take home!

No comments: