Tuesday, November 22, 2016

"All By Myself" Storytime

It's always exciting for children when they can say "I can do it myself!", although parents are not always that thrilled when children really "can't".  But this is all part of learning and growing up!  The books today were to encourage parents to let their children try and encourage success, as well as pointing out many of the things children can or will be able to do on their own soon.

Books

All by Myself
by Ivan Bates

Look What I Can Do!
by Nancy Viau; illustrated by Anna Vojtech

Bear's Big Day
by Salina Yoon

For my 2nd storytime (with a younger group) I used this book instead

I'm 3! Look What I Can Do
by Maria Carluccio

Songs

ABC Welcome

The Wheels on the Bus

Hop, Hop, Stop!


Play and Learn

Pool Noodles (cut into 6th, with side cut so they can be put on the side of a table)

Train

Busy Bags:
Sewing
Crazy Straws
Paper Clips

Blocks

Coloring Sheet

No comments: