Friday, November 11, 2016

PBM--Peace

Sometimes I miss wonderful books because I am looking for books I can use in storytime.  So I love having the opportunity to look at books that are wonderful for a one-on-one read that I miss!  One of those books is Peace is an Offering.  This gentle books helps describe what peace is to children through tangible items, such as giving a muffin or a peach to another; finding peace in things you do, such as a walk in the park or waiting for your slow brother; finding peace through your feelings such as living in a safe place ; and analogies as with this line "Peace is a joining together, not a pulling apart."

The book has statements, "Peace is holding on to another."  But I love the questions posed that speaks some of the fears children (maybe all of us) may have as they live each day searching for peace.
"Will you stay with me?
Will you be my friend?
Will you listen to my story
till the very end?"

Peace is an Offering
by Annette Lebox; illustrated by Stephanie Graegin
(2015)

No comments: